Allentown Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Helping Injured Pedestrians in Bethlehem, Easton & the Lehigh Valley
No one is as exposed as a pedestrian on Pennsylvania roadways and in parking lots and intersections. When a pedestrian is struck by a motor vehicle, he or she is likely to experience catastrophic injuries, even if the vehicle was traveling at a relatively low speed. A high-speed accident is likely to result in hospitalization or may even cause a pedestrian to lose his or her life.
If you were involved in a pedestrian accident as a pedestrian or motorist, you need an attorney on your side. It will be necessary to prove cause and determine the fair value of your claim so your medical bills and lost earnings can be covered. You may also be entitled to compensation for pain, suffering, and emotional trauma.
An Allentown pedestrian accident lawyer at Knafo Law Offices can help you take the right steps toward securing a fair settlement or award for your claim. For a free consultation, call us at (610) 756-1098.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics
A pedestrian may be considered any person who is walking, running, jogging, or hiking. A person who is sitting or lying down may also be considered a pedestrian. Pedestrians have the right of way at crosswalks, and motorists need to be particularly vigilant in looking for pedestrians, bicyclists, and others when they drive through parking lots and intersections. A single distraction, a split second of looking away from the road, may be enough for a serious pedestrian accident to occur.
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), a pedestrian is killed approximately every 2 hours and one is injured every 8 minutes in the United States.
- About one-fourth of pedestrian fatalities in 2013 occurred between 6pm and 8:59pm, and more than two-thirds of those pedestrians were male.
- Alcohol involvement was indicated in nearly half of all fatal pedestrian accidents in 2013.
Common Injuries from Pedestrian Accidents
- Soft tissue damage: This includes sprains, strains, lacerations, dislocations etc.
- Broken bones/ fractures: Pedestrians in accidents will commonly break or fracture their arms, wrists, shoulders and legs.
- Traumatic brain injuries: This is causes by a full force blow to the head.
- Spinal cord injuries: A serious injury to the spine can result in paralysis.
To find out more about how an Allentown pedestrian accident attorney can help you, call Knafo Law Offices for your free consultation. We represent clients across the Lehigh Valley area, including in Easton, Bethlehem, and Allentown.
Wrongful Death $15.2 Million
Wrongful death case ended in a verdict of over $15 million dollars.
Motorcycle Accident $7.25 Million
Using mediation after a motorcycle accident, $7,250,000 was awarded.
Medical Malpractice $4.1 Million
Secured a settlement of over $4 million dollars after medical malpractice occurred.
Negligent Trucker $3 Million
Secured a $3 million dollar settlement for client involving a negligent truck driver.
Workers' Compensation $2.9 Million
$2.9 million dollar settlement involving a workers' compensation case.