Bethlehem Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Millions Recovered for Crash Victims
All motor vehicle accidents can have deadly consequences, but motorcyclists are far more likely to be severely injured or killed in crashes. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcyclists are about 29 times more likely than people in passenger cars to die in traffic crashes per vehicle miles traveled.
Although motorcyclists face more dangers on the road, this doesn’t mean they deserved to be put in harm’s way by the negligence of others. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, Knafo Law Offices can help. Our Bethlehem motorcycle accident attorneys have helped riders throughout the state and can obtain the compensation you deserve to overcome debt and provide for your future.
Call (610) 756-1098 to schedule your free consultation. We’re proud to serve individuals throughout Pennsylvania, including in Allentown, Easton, Lancaster, Leighton, Orefield, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Reading, and Whitehall.
How Motorcycle Accidents Occur
Many of the same errors that cause car crashes also cause motorcycle accidents. However, motorcycle accidents tend to be more disastrous because riders lack the protective features that passenger vehicle occupants have, such as airbags and seat belts. Common injuries motorcycle riders face range from broken bones and spinal cord injuries to traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and amputations.
Some common forms of driver negligence that often contribute to motorcycle accidents nationwide include:
- Drunk driving: Individuals under the influence of alcohol are less likely to pay attention to the road and notice motorcyclists riding alongside them or merging into their lane, increasing the risk of a serious accident. Drunk drivers also take longer to respond to roadside changes and hazards and may not brake in time to avoid hitting a motorcycle rider.
- Speeding: Going above the speed limit reduces your response time. Many motorcyclists are rear-ended by drivers going too fast through intersections or around turns who are unable to stop or swerve in time.
- Reckless driving: Some of the most serious motorcycle accidents are caused by drivers who behave carelessly and don’t follow the rules of the road. Drivers often neglect checking their blind spots or signaling before making lane changes, which can result in cutting off or colliding with a motorcyclist who may be hidden in their blind spot. Drivers also run the risk of injuring a motorcyclist when a rider is lane splitting.
It’s important to remember that motorcyclists are given many of the same rights and privileges as drivers of passenger vehicles. Drivers who fail to respect the rights of motorcyclists can be held responsible for the injuries and damages they cause.
Damages You Can Recover in a Motorcycle Accident Claim
If you’ve been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, chances are you’re facing a lot of debt. Injuries that require extensive surgery and hospitalization and need months to recover from often lead to tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills—bills that most victims can’t afford to pay. That’s where our team comes in. Our lawyers are committed to protecting the rights of riders throughout Pennsylvania and can file a claim on your behalf to recover your damages and hold the negligent driver responsible for the harm they’ve caused.
We’ve successfully recovered millions for clients in the following damages:
- Existing and future medical bills, including costs of medication, surgery, hospitalization, ambulance rides, and more
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Property damage
Every client is unique because every accident is unique, which is why we encourage you to give us a call to take advantage of your free consultation. We can determine your best course of action.
Wrongful Death $15.2 Million
Wrongful death case ended in a verdict of over $15 million dollars.
Car Accident $8.2 Million
Car accident verdict.
Motorcycle Accident $7.25 Million
Using mediation after a motorcycle accident, $7,250,000 was awarded.
Medical Malpractice $4.1 Million
Secured a settlement of over $4 million dollars after medical malpractice occurred.
Negligent Trucker $3 Million
Secured a $3 million dollar settlement for client involving a negligent truck driver.