Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Allentown, PA
Injured in a Motorcycle Accident? Knafo Law Offices Can Help.
Motorcyclists are in danger of experiencing catastrophic, life-threatening injuries if they are involved in traffic accidents. In fact, according National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) accident statistics from 2016, motorcyclists accounted for 14% of all traffic fatalities.
It is easy to see why this is the case when you consider they are relatively unprotected in the event of a collision. Even a Department of Transportation (DOT)-approved helmet and other protective gear may do little to prevent serious trauma in a high-speed or high-impact crash.
The severity of motorcycle accidents and the complexity of resulting insurance claims are two reasons you should consult an experienced attorney if you or a loved one has been injured. Knafo Law Offices is committed to representing riders across Pennsylvania who have been injured in motorcycle accidents. Our experience in this specific area of personal injury law has enabled us to help injured riders and their families face more stable futures, free from overwhelming medical debt.
To learn more about your rights and how we can help, call an Allentown motorcycle accident attorney at our firm at (610) 756-1098.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
The immediate aftermath of a motorcycle accident is crucial. The sooner you act, the better your chances of making a positive recovery and winning your personal injury case.
The first and most important thing you should do after a motorcycle collision is:
- Seek medical attention
We absolutely cannot stress this enough. When a biker is struck by a motor vehicle, they may sustain serious internal injuries that can remain latent for days or even weeks. It is vital that you seek medical attention as soon as you can after your accident to prevent such injuries from getting worse.
If you are seriously hurt, call 911 and head to the hospital right away. Otherwise, remain on the scene until you complete the next steps before heading to a doctor for a checkup.
Once you have made sure that you are not in immediate danger, do the following:
- Collect photographic evidence of the crash scene by taking as many pictures as you can
- Exchange contact and insurance information with any other drivers involved in the crash
- Contact the authorities and wait for them to file an accident report
- Contact your insurance company to inform them of the accident—but do not agree to any settlements or sign anything yet
- Keep copies of any receipts, records, and other documentation related to your accident and the aftermath
- Schedule a free consultation with a local motorcycle accident lawyer to discuss your case
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- Driving under the influence
- Speeding/ reckless driving
- Lane splitting and unsafe lane changes
- Inexperienced drivers
- Sudden stops
Determining Liability in a Motorcycle Accident
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident and have come to our firm for legal counsel, one of the primary issues at hand will be determining liability. This is ascertaining who is legally responsible for your medical bills, lost earnings, damage to your bike, and other losses you have experienced as a result of the accident. When we determine liability, we can pursue maximum compensation on your behalf.
Some examples of parties that could be held liable for a motorcycle accident may include:
- A drunk driver who ran a red light and struck your bike.
- A distracted driver who backed out of a parking space into you and your motorcycle.
- The manufacturer of a defective bike part or auto part.
- An overtired trucker who changed lanes into your bike.
- A driver who was speeding and failed to stop in time, rear-ending you.
- A municipality or other entity responsible for road maintenance, if a dangerous or defective road caused your crash.
What Can a Personal Injury Attorney Do for You
It is true that you can handle a motorcycle accident claim on your own, without a lawyer by your side. Yet, unless you are already familiar with motorcycle accident laws, Tennessee courts, and the injury claims process, you should at least consider consulting with an attorney before you file your claim. Right away, a motorcycle accident lawyer can inform you of your rights and what legal options are open to you—often during a free, no obligation consultation like the ones we offer here at Knafo Law Offices.
Once you have a better idea of where you stand, continuing to work with an attorney will help your case run as smoothly and efficiently as possible. Motorcycle accident attorneys understand the myriad factors that can affect a case, such as when and how to fill out paperwork, what evidence is worth saving, how to build a claim that will hold up in court, and more.
Serving Bethlehem, Easton, and the surrounding areas across the Lehigh Valley.
Take legal action with an Allentown motorcycle accident lawyer at Knafo Law Offices by your side. Schedule a FREE consultation!
Wrongful Death $15.2 Million
Wrongful death case ended in a verdict of over $15 million dollars.
Car Accident $8.2 Million
Car accident verdict.
Motorcycle Accident $7.25 Million
Using mediation after a motorcycle accident, $7,250,000 was awarded.
Medical Malpractice $4.1 Million
Secured a settlement of over $4 million dollars after medical malpractice occurred.
Negligent Trucker $3 Million
Secured a $3 million dollar settlement for client involving a negligent truck driver.