Whitehall Truck Accident Attorney
Pennsylvania Truck Accident Claims
If you or someone you love was involved in a devastating accident with a large truck or another commercial vehicle, you are not alone. In fact, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT), truck accidents are alarmingly common. In 2019 alone, there were 7,036 total crashes involving heavy trucks, 122 of which were fatal.
At Knafo Law Offices, we understand the immense impact these accidents have, both on victims and their loved ones. Our team is here for you as you navigate the process of healing and seeking recovery for your losses. At our Whitehall location, we provide personalized legal services and compassionate guidance through the legal process. We have a long record of success in helping victims of devastating accidents fight for justice and recover the compensation they needed to move forward.
Learn how we can help you today; call us at (610) 756-1098 or contact us online 24/7 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
Who Is Liable for a Truck Accident?
Liability is an important issue in personal injury law, including cases involving motor vehicle accidents. However, unlike in typical car accident claims, truck accident cases tend to be fairly complex when it comes to determining who is liable for an accident.
In any truck accident case, any of the following entities could be partially or wholly liable:
- The Trucking Company: This is the most common scenario, as most truck accidents are the result of truck driver error and trucking companies are generally liable for the actions of their drivers. This is based on respondeat superior rules, which state that employers can be held legally responsible for their employees’ conduct (with some notable exceptions).
- The Truck Driver: When the truck driver acts unlawfully or violates his or her company’s policies, the trucking company may argue that they are not liable. This could be the case when a truck driver operates a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs and caused a crash. In such instances, you may need to bring a lawsuit against the truck driver directly.
- A Manufacturer: If the accident was caused by a defective truck or a defective truck part, the manufacturer (or distributor) could be legally liable. Common defective truck parts include truck tires, reflective strips, braking systems, engine components, and headlights/taillights. Additionally, defective trucks might roll over easily or jackknife due to defective design.
- Another Motorist or Third Party: In some cases, an accident involving a large commercial truck or vehicle was not caused by anything the commercial driver did wrong or a defective part but, rather, by the negligence of another motorist or third party. If this was the case, you would most likely need to take legal action directly against the negligent party.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list. While the above parties represent some of the most commonly liable entities in truck accident claims, additional parties could be partially or wholly liable for the accident. It’s important that you work with an experienced Whitehall truck accident lawyer who knows how to properly investigate the accident to determine what happened and, most importantly, who is responsible for your damages.
Recovering Damages After a Truck Accident
Truck accidents often result in severe, catastrophic injuries and fatalities. Victims and their loved ones require extensive, ongoing medical care and are often unable to return to work at full capacity (or at all). This places families under significant financial and emotional strain.
At Knafo Law Offices, we help our clients seek maximum compensation for all damages incurred by the accident, including but not limited to:
- Emergency medical services
- Ambulance fees
- ER/hospital fees
- Diagnostic testing, surgeries, and other medical treatments
- Ongoing and future medical care costs
- Rehabilitation therapy (physical and/or cognitive)
- In-home care costs
- Lost income/wages
- Lost employment benefits
- Lost future earnings due to lost or reduced earning capacity/disability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma and distress
- Anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and related conditions
- Counseling/therapy services
Additionally, in the event of wrongful death, we can help eligible family members seek fair compensation for the following losses:
- Medical costs associated with the deceased’s final treatment/care
- Funeral/burial expenses
- Loss of income and other benefits provided by the deceased
- The value of household/childcare services provided by the deceased
- Loss of expected inheritance
- Loss of love, companionship, support, guidance, etc.
- Loss of consortium
In some cases, we may also be able to seek punitive damages, which are meant to punish the defendant for egregious disregard for human life and send a message that such conduct will not be tolerated. Punitive damages are very rare, however, and only available in certain circumstances.
Request a Free Consultation Today
Our Whitehall truck accident attorneys understand the pain you are going through and the challenges your family faces. Whether you were severely injured in an accident with a semi-truck or big rig, or if your loved one lost his or her life after being struck by the driver of a massive commercial vehicle, our team is here to help you through the process of obtaining justice. While no amount of financial compensation can undo what you have been through, a successful claim can allow you to recover the resources you need to meet unexpected challenges and heal.
We are available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We offer free initial consultations and there are no attorneys’ fees unless we win your case. Get in touch with our award-winning team today to learn more.
Call Knafo Law Offices at (610) 756-1098 or contact us online to get started.
Wrongful Death $15.2 Million
Wrongful death case ended in a verdict of over $15 million dollars.
Car Accident $8.2 Million
Car accident verdict.
Motorcycle Accident $7.25 Million
Using mediation after a motorcycle accident, $7,250,000 was awarded.
Medical Malpractice $4.1 Million
Secured a settlement of over $4 million dollars after medical malpractice occurred.
Negligent Trucker $3 Million
Secured a $3 million dollar settlement for client involving a negligent truck driver.