Every year 500,000 large trucks are involved in accidents. Because of these accidents, 5,000 people are killed and 150,000 people are injured every year.
Almost 80% of all accidents involving a large truck result in injury to the other driver. Because tractor trailers can weigh in excess of 9,000 pounds many of these injuries can be very serious.
2006 Pennsylvania Bus and Truck Accident Statistics
- 183 Large Trucks and 22 Buses Involved in Fatal Crashes
- 193 Fatalities in Crashes Involving Large Trucks and 22 Fatalities in Crashes Involving Buses
- 5,726 Large Trucks and 985 Buses Involved in Non-Fatal Crashes
- 2,930 Large Trucks and 691 Buses Involved in Injury Crashes
- 4,342 Injuries in Crashes Involving Large Trucks and 1,868 Injuries in Crashes Involving Buses
- 2,796 Large Trucks and 294 Buses Involved in Towaway Crashes
- 168 Large Trucks and 0 Buses Involved in Hazmat (HM) Placard Crashes
If you were involved in an Allentown truck accident, Bethlehem truck accident or Easton PA truck accident or Lehigh County truck accident or Northampton County truck accident, it is important to protect your legal rights.
Review the 10 Rules to follow if you are in an accident instructions provided. Then call an Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton PA truck injury lawyer and Allentown PA Truck Accident attorney whose firm handles Lehigh County truck accidents and Northampton County truck accident cases with injuries.
CALL KNAFO LAW OFFICES
4201 W. Tilghman Street
Allentown, PA 18104