The U.S. Department of Labor published the following statistics regarding construction accidents for the calendar year 2003:
- In 2003 there were 155,420 construction related accidents, of which 152,260 were men and 3,150 were women.
- Workers between the ages of 25 and 34 were the most likely to be injured
- Most injuries to workers cause construction workers to miss more than 31 days of work
- Construction workers injure their trunks and backs more frequently than any other part of the body, followed by legs, arms and combined injuries.
- Construction parts and materials cause the most injuries involving outside sources (33,840), but falls (34,330) and contact with equipment (54,230) make up the other most common injuries.
- One out of every 10 construction workers will suffer some form of injury this year.
If you have been injured while at work prompt reporting is necessary. Report the incident to your employer as soon as possible.
If you were injured in a construction accident, call an Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton PA Construction Accident lawyer. If you were involved in an Allentown, Bethlehem or Easton PA construction accident or Lehigh County construction accident or Northampton County construction accident, it is important to protect your legal rights.
Review the 10 Rules to follow if you are in an accident instructions provided. Then call an Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton PA injury lawyer and Easton PA Accident attorney whose firm handles Lehigh County and Northampton County construction accident cases with injuries.
CALL KNAFO LAW OFFICES
4201 W. Tilghman Street
Allentown, PA 18104